Tech giant IBM has unveiled the IBM Z and Cloud Modernisation Centre, describing it as a “digital front door to training, resources, and ecosystem partners” to accelerate hybrid cloud adoption.
The center promises to modernize clients’ applications, data, and processes through the value of open hybrid cloud architecture.
Clients will be given insights on maintaining their current IT estate whilst focusing on a strategy for their core applications and data running on IBM Z to prepare for a hybrid cloud.
The process will include a detailed assessment of the client’s business objectives, modernization of existing apps and data to extend them to the cloud, and developing new cloud-native apps.
IBM broke down the center’s main zones as such:
- Domain-specific expertise – including IBM Consulting assets, expertise and methodologies, co-creation with clients via IBM Consulting methodologies, demos, trials, minimum viable product (MVPs), workshops and other point services designed to help accelerate the digital transformation journey
- A strategic ecosystem of leading global services and technology partners, including:
- Services – systems integrators with offerings and competencies including in-place modernisation
- Technology partners – software vendors and managed service partners including Episode Six, Fiorano Software, Fujitsu Limited, and many more
- Additional resources – such as links to a learning hub to enable architects and developers on application modernisation techniques, a reference centre with client use cases, analyst papers and other materials designed to help educate and empower
Meredith Stowell, VP of the IBM Z Ecosystem, said: “Until now, global businesses that run on IBM Z have had limited choices for a one-stop-shop for information and steps to take toward modernization. Coupled with confusing narratives by vendors in the marketplace and accounts of failed migrations, finding a resource IT leaders can turn to can be a challenge.
“The reality is that the future is hybrid, where IBM Z and cloud are better together. While lift and shift migration may seem like an attractive choice for modernization, in many cases it can be a one-way street and lock-in to one public cloud which may have implications on cost, governance, and security. IBM deeply understands the IBM Z environment, cloud ecosystem, and the industries that rely on us, and we’ve brought together all the elements needed to help our clients adopt hybrid cloud in one place.”